Thursday, March 30, 2006

finding Mexico...


and on the lighter side...courtney and I just booked 8 days at an all inclusive beachfront resort in puerto vallarta mexico for the 1st week of may. i cannot stop thinking about it. i have started preparing myself by practicing my spanish and listening to Latin music. growing up in ATL, my family and I were addicted, still are addicted actually, to this one cuban hole in the wall like a half mile from my house. we went there, literally once to twice a week for the last 10 years. and sitting here listening to my cuban background friends music recommendation the "spam allstars" and "ritmo y canto", I am instantly transported to a beautiful gold sanded beach somewhere, with the crystal blue waves crashing in front of me, holding my very strong margarita, with a way too low spf sun tan lotion, smelling the coconut hawaiin tropic, feeling the hot sun on my face.......

what is the difference between escaping life and being kind to yourself. i asked this question last week of my profesor and el president dan allender...he said that sometimes in the midst of a fight, you need to be kind to yourself and take a break...i asked what the difference was between withdrawing from a fight or pain, and then being kind to yourself? personally, i want to move to mexico or hawaii and write books about theology and life and become a surf pro. realistically, this is played out in our 8 day trip to mexico. but are both escape from a life full of work, school, emotions, physical endurance, and pain stretched out and spread out over too small a plate? or are they listening to my heart and taking care of myself? what's the difference? roll that up and smoke it.....haha

anyways, back to the spam allstars, muchos gracias josue

hasta la vista baby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home